|Nathan wearing his hugely popular Il Burato double knit scarf|
You can see his creativity and talent by clicking here to see all his patterns and designs on Ravelry.
Based in London, England Nathan has a varied life and hardly has a moment to spare with everything he is involved with. Apart from his knitting commitments which include designing, teaching and commission work he is also well known as an actor, singer, lyricist and even a sounding board for his composer husband Ben. But perhaps it is his video podcasts on youtube which have helped to increase his visibility in the knitting community on a global scale. You can watch his you tube channel by clicking here and discover just how talented and charming he is.
His mission is now about to bring him all the way to New Zealand in late August of this year and luckily for us it will include four workshops in the South Island, two in Arrowtown and two in Dunedin. All the information about the workshops and how to book are listed below.
Workshops kindly hosted by The Stitching Post,
But held at the Lakes District Museum, Buckingham Street, Arrowtown.
Wednesday, August 29th, 9.30am - 12.30pm
Workshop 1: Demystifying Double Knitting
Thursday, August 30th, 9.30am - 12.30pm
Workshop 2: “Strantarsia” – Stranded Intarsia
Workshops kindly hosted at The Valley Project Rooms, 262 North Road, North East Valley, Dunedin.
Friday, August 31st, 1.00pm - 4.00pm (Fred Hollows Room)
Workshop 3: “Strantarsia” – Stranded Intarsia
Friday, August 31st, 6.00pm - 9.00pm (Te Putake Room)
Workshop 4: Double Knitting Shaping - The Future of Double Knitting
Additional class information
- A smile and an open mind
- Yarn - Bring two contrasting solid colours of yarn. Please avoid variegated colours.
- Yarn type - The yarn should be smooth to help show off stitch definition.
- Yarn weight - Your own choice but DK/8 ply is most common. Please avoid novelty yarns.
- Needle size - Appropriate to your yarn choice
- Needle type for Demystifying Double Knitting - Straight or circular
- Needle type for Double Knitting Shaping - Straight or circular
- Needle type for Strantarsia - Circular or DPN's (You'll be knitting in the round)
- For the Double Knitting Shaping workshop you must already know how to double knit
- For the Strantarsia workshop you must already know how to knit in the round
- Notebook and pen